I offer on-location natural light maternity sessions in the Woodlands, Texas and surrounded areas. A common question I get from my expecting Mommy clients is “What do I wear?”. My maternity clients get a tips sheet when they book me and it outlines some suggestions for wardrobe. Additionally I thought I’d put together this post for suggestions on some maternitywear and boutique items that are great for your maternity session.
What to wear:
- Fitting tanks and tops.
- Loose sleeved tops or light cardigan layered over tank if you have gained weight in your arms or if you are experiencing swelling during this late stage of pregnancy.
- Jeans that no longer snap (pre-pregnancy) to accentuate your belly, if you can pull it off (I never could! I gained weight all over!)
- Jeans or pants without a maternity band.
- Shirts that no longer fit over your belly. This accentuates your belly’s size at this stage in pregnancy.
- Dresses that are form fitting to accentuate your figure.
- Long, flowey skirts paired with tanks or fitted tops are a lovely way to accentuate your tummy while staying comfortable and looking dreamy for your session. Especially a great choice if you are experiencing swelling late in pregnancy.
- Solid colors. Stay away from loud or bold patterns. Some repeating simple patterns photograph very well such as small polka-dots or stripes.
- If you are going for partial nudity, a large scarf makes a great “tube top” style top or a bottom if the scarf is large enough to be clipped or tied in back.
- A well-fitting bra! This can really help your figure at
Some of my favorite local places to suggest for clients to shop
- Gap Maternity – At BabyGap in Market Street
- Old Navy Maternity – at Portofino Center. Their 1st-2nd trimester line is much more form fitting and appropriate for maternity sessions than their 3rd-4th trimester line with the exception of some beautiful dresses and cardigans.
- Motherhood Maternity at The Woodlands Mall
- Nine Maternity Two locations downtown
- Target for awesome scarves to use as wraps
The maternity wardrobe options are endless online but a few places to start are: